Pete Witzfeld completed the Man Vs Horse marathon for the 26th consequtive year. The race started in 1980 in Llanwrtyd Wells and sees human and horses competing for the fastes finish time. In its history only one human has finished ahead of the horse!
The course boasts over 4000ft of ascent and decent and is a highly challenging course. Well done to Pete for finishing in a chip time of 4:30:55.
James Espie divides his year with winter months running for Worthing Striders and summer months in Scotland. He was recently selected to run for Team Scotland in the Snowdon International Race and will compete on Saturday 16 July. We wish James all the best with his event.
But that's not all:
- Pete Sutton has been taking on marathons and 24 hr endurance events
- Paul Hewitt continues to smash his 5km and 10km personal bests
- Andy Saych has completed 4 or his 12 marathons in 12 months
- Dan Robinson has completed his Leadership in Running Fitness Course (LIRF)
- Neil Terry has bagged a 20:10 minute parkrun finish on his debut run
- Newer members Gary Paragpuri, James Oram and Mark Mellish have also being smashing Worthing parkrun since it start
- Coach Alan Rich has been sited twice in his run gear enjoying parkrun
- New coach, Andy Carpenter, has launched his two new training programs
And finally, Dave Barry celebrated a new age category by taking first in said age category at Worthing parkrun this morning.
Well done to all of our runners: you're amazing!